Studying here will give you the opportunity to attend a Russell Group university in one of the UK’s most vibrant cities.
Our campus is one of the largest in the UK and just a short walk from Leeds city centre. We have 39,000 students including 13,400 international students from 137 countries. We pride ourselves on being a diverse and inclusive community.
Leeds is a large, affordable and multicultural city, surrounded by easily accessible countryside. It is just two hours by train from London and three hours from Edinburgh. The city centre has over 1,000 shops, over 300 bars and restaurants, 16 galleries and museums and four major theatres. Find out more about what’s going on in Leeds.
Staying in University accommodation
New international students are guaranteed University accommodation if you apply by the deadline. You can choose from on or off campus, en suite or non en suite and catered or self-catered rooms. Accommodation will be available whether you are studying for the whole academic year or just one semester. Find out more about the accommodation available at the University.
Support for study abroad students
There is a lot of support available to you as an incoming exchange, study abroad or Erasmus+ student, including daily drop in sessions with the Study Abroad Office to discuss any problems you might have. The International Student Office can also provide immigration advice, and guidance on life in the UK both before you arrive and when you are here.
You will also be able to take advantage of the following support:
- The Language Centre can offer support to you if you do not speak English as your first language.
- Skills@Library offers support related to academic study skills outside of the classroom to help you get used to the UK academic system.
- You will be allocated a parent school which becomes your main point of contact when you have arrived.
- You will be provided with a personal tutor and each school also has a study abroad coordinator to provide academic advice.
- There is a wide range of support available for students with a disability and support and wellbeing services.
If you would like to find out more, you can view our Study Abroad Brochure.
You can also contact a current University of Leeds student to learn more about student life in Leeds.